For faces, who uses the circle method, and who just tries to sketch out the head without a guide?
Accept everyone for their race, beliefs, gender, and age. If you have time to judge others, you're not looking closely enough at yourself.
That you do Tongue
Accept everyone for their race, beliefs, gender, and age. If you have time to judge others, you're not looking closely enough at yourself.
I like starting with the circle.  It's easier for me to get the visual of the face.  But I'm not the best drawer either lol
hmm...I draw an oval or a circle, then add crosslines to set my perspective of choice, yeah that's what I do, helpd me draw the eyes where I want them to look Tongue
Seems like everyone does that. Well, a friend of mine is a pro artist and she has one line for eyes and head size and that's all she needs. But she's got a lot of natural tallent. Just draws the guides out of habit too. Lucky her. Smile
I usedto use the Circle Technique but then I started to try drawing the outline of the character and it is working out!
Awesome, glad it's working for you!

I just do what the torturial says. It helps me a lot.

i just simply find the "focal" point in the pic and start drawing it from there.

Seince i started useing these guides ive been doing the circle technique.

CIRCLE technyech?

I try to draw the head but it never works, im just not good at the head, do u have any techniques to help me draw a head finally?

Cuz now the heads look like an upside down triangle with a crushed snowball on top-those are what the heads look like when i draw them.

i do both sometimes i do the guide and sometimes i just start sketching out the face

i do both it depends what mood im in if u wanna see my gallery here it is http://www.drawingnow.com/user/loufakilla/gallery

For manga, I use the circel method, but usual, I just start sketching.