The best way to shade is to start out with small little circles the overlap them if looks more smooth than Lines. ALso you should practice by drawing a apple -if u can- then shade it with little circles it would look VERY smooth!

Also you can also make a few boxes and practice darker and lighter shading, Remember dont press to hard! Also use circles for drawings you want really smooth the more time u take on shading the better and more real the picture will turn out.

I also Suggest you dont use a normal pencil when using this technique i normally use a... HB2 TICONDEROGA Noix pencil it is very shiny :D

I hope you like this post and Btw Im A newbie :D

So i get 24 views and no coments -.- -sigh- I guess ppl just steal my idead and dont even comment D:

cool ill try it

wow, it actually worked for me!!!! thats so awesome

Nice techniques, but i prefer use a cotton bud to smooth some parts of my drawing; that gives the best results to e.

Quote:
Originally posted by: Virtuxa

Nice techniques, but i prefer use a cotton bud to smooth some parts of my drawing; that gives the best results to e.

Yes thats what i do too! It really does give a nice effect, it helps smooth the pencil, ecspecially while shading.

yesh i prefer to use cotton also...it has cool affect

to shade you just need to know the principale of shading its easy where the side theres light the other side will make a shadow

for shading you can also get the rolled up paper thingi. I have it but after a few uses you have to ba careful when you're shading light or dark.

cool ill try it.

thx for this awesome technique.

WOW that's nice

Thank You

id rather use a slice of bread to add an effect