Now and Later Program

Hey guys, what’s up?

Excited to start the Now and Later Program? Good! Yes, I realize I gave you no time to answer. Just be excited. Do it now.

Okay, let me just go over the idea of this program one more time.

THE IDEA of this is just to become better artists. That’s it.

How? Well, one problem many people run into is that they feel their art isn’t getting any better. I feel that way all the time– because I’m a slacker and I never practice, but you can all just stop judging me right now.

So, this year we will work together to improve our drawing ability. At the end of the year we will look back and see how far we’ve come.

What do we do in January?

Below you will find a list of tutorials to get you started- but you don't have to do them. They are just to get you started.

Try them out or don’t, it’s up to you. The main thing you’ll want to complete is your first drawing. This is your starting point and you’ll mark your progress through this drawing.

The drawing needs to be made without the use of a tutorial and can be made on the website or in a sketchbook. You’ll save it to your Drawings or Gallery and draw it again during the checkpoints so you can see how much you improve.

The drawing must include a person or animal, and a background. You must complete this by January 31st!

What you need:
  • ·Pencil (I don’t care what type, so long as it’s not a pen… if it is a pen then I still don’t care… NO SHARPIES… unless you REALLY want to use one…
  • Sketchbook, or notebook, or scraps of paper, or paper napkins, or your walls if your parents allow that– they probably don’t… fair warning.
  • Eraser– because because because because becaaaause I say so.
  • (Optional) A way to get your art onto your computer.

Tutorials:

This month the tutorials are easy. They are just to get you drawing.

Your main goal for this month is your first drawing. That’s it. Just one drawing. You can do that!

You’ve got the whole moth. Just make sure you don’t use a guide or tutorial. The first drawing is to see what you know at this exact moment.

That’s it. Nice and easy!

Accept everyone for their race, beliefs, gender, and age. If you have time to judge others, you're not looking closely enough at yourself.

Quote:
Originally posted by: KERPLUNKXD

I have drawings on my wall lol, literally on the wall hehehe it's in my gallery

Yeah? Nicely done!
Accept everyone for their race, beliefs, gender, and age. If you have time to judge others, you're not looking closely enough at yourself.

Quote:
Originally posted by: dragon_kitty787

One thing though, I love drawing but Shouldn't something be done about the Non-drawers that ruin this site. They vandalize it with stolen artwork and random pictures they browzed on the internet. Well thats all i have to say. Unhappy

We've attempted to deal with these users by deletign their pictures, but that is extremely time consuming. We need members to start tellign those people what art theft is and that images fund usign google are not free, they were created by artists who spent years learning to draw and that stealign that artwork is insulting to most artists. If the community came together and told these thieves what art theft is, they would be more educated and hopefully they would stop. If not, then members could report them and maybe we'd delete their gallery images until they started to draw their own images.