I want to get PhotoShop and I need to convince my dad.I can think of the good things but not the bad.Unhappy

My 2 bad things:

-Costs money

-PhotoShop elements has less features.

Well, Photoshop is better than most drawing programs.

1) It's a powerful photo editor -it can change hair color, add effects, and I think it's great

2) It's great for drawing, it has different brushes.

3) You can animate in Photoshop, it has an animating window with lots of frames in it :D that's my favorite.

You can look for Photoshop tutorials so you can see all the good effects on Photoshop. If your dad says no, you can also try GIMP which is like Photoshop but free.

I use GIMP but yeah.I want to get photoshop

Quote:
Originally posted by: mimisky

Well, Photoshop is better than most drawing programs.

1) It's a powerful photo editor -it can change hair color, add effects, and I think it's great

2) It's great for drawing, it has different brushes.

3) You can animate in Photoshop, it has an animating window with lots of frames in it :D that's my favorite.

You can look for Photoshop tutorials so you can see all the good effects on Photoshop. If your dad says no, you can also try GIMP which is like Photoshop but free.

Mmm, there's not too many large difference between photoshop and gimp. I've used Photoshop before and while it has nice effects and brush choices, it has the same basic elements.

Have you tried it yet? If not you probably should to see if it's worth buying.

No I haven't

Quote:
Originally posted by: JessiCrystalGurl

Mmm, there's not too many large difference between photoshop and gimp. I've used Photoshop before and while it has nice effects and brush choices, it has the same basic elements.

Have you tried it yet? If not you probably should to see if it's worth buying.

You don't need only Photoshop to draw something amazing on the computer. Look up other art programs. I usually use Paint Tool SAI for most of my things. True, it does cost money, but I believe it is a lot cheaper than Photoshop (I downloaded the cracked version, so I don't know for sure). It also has a line tool (which is VERY useful for what I do), which I don't think Photoshop has.

But If you want Photoshop to edit pictures, Photoshop Elements does the job for me. Yes, it doesn't have as many features as Photoshop CS5 or any other version that is more expensive, but it has enough to satisfy me.

And also, if you are still a beginner in digital art, I actually would start out with something simple. Just because you may have an absolutely expensive program does not mean you can become the best artist over night! I have run into many people who have believed that. 

What I am saying is that you should only get Photoshop if you absolutely believe you need to. If you really want it, then I suggest getting a tablet to get more even lines if you are getting Photoshop to draw. It's very difficult to draw with a mouse or a laptop pad. 

I might get paint tool sai.........Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by: PlantedCherryBlossom

You don't need only Photoshop to draw something amazing on the computer. Look up other art programs. I usually use Paint Tool SAI for most of my things. True, it does cost money, but I believe it is a lot cheaper than Photoshop (I downloaded the cracked version, so I don't know for sure). It also has a line tool (which is VERY useful for what I do), which I don't think Photoshop has.

But If you want Photoshop to edit pictures, Photoshop Elements does the job for me. Yes, it doesn't have as many features as Photoshop CS5 or any other version that is more expensive, but it has enough to satisfy me.

And also, if you are still a beginner in digital art, I actually would start out with something simple. Just because you may have an absolutely expensive program does not mean you can become the best artist over night! I have run into many people who have believed that. 

What I am saying is that you should only get Photoshop if you absolutely believe you need to. If you really want it, then I suggest getting a tablet to get more even lines if you are getting Photoshop to draw. It's very difficult to draw with a mouse or a laptop pad. 

give him da...

PUPPY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....???

Quote:
Originally posted by: cartoonfreak1

give him da...

PUPPY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure you don't wan't to spend a few hundred on a program, that you will not be using the full features of, I have photoshop CS5, the best part is.

ok thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by: superdude

I'm pretty sure you don't wan't to spend a few hundred on a program, that you will not be using the full features of, I have photoshop CS5, the best part is.