Hey,
I've got a problem with a homework assignment in school and I hope you can help me.
I have to draw a cartoon based on a book I read.
I got this idea on my mind and I'm wondering if it's possible, let me explain:
I want to draw the black outlines of the cartoon on normal paper and the scan it on my computer. Now I'm wondering if there is any free software or something like that (maybe you can tell me how to do it with basic programs like Power Point) which enables me to fill in the outlines with color. I need some tool that kinda "recognizes" the outlines in order for me to fill in the color. Is there anything like that out there?
I want it to look kinda professional like a real printed cartoon, so please help me out, people

denial_twist

Dunno about any free program that gives pro results or recognizes outlines. Best idea i know of would be to get a free trial of something like Photoshop. You might have to redraw the lines with the pen tool if you want pro results, and it doesn't recognize the scetch exactly, but it's what I use.

I have a tutorial for it too.

Accept everyone for their race, beliefs, gender, and age. If you have time to judge others, you're not looking closely enough at yourself.