Hey guys, as everyone here is aware, Contests seem to be poping up every other day or so. Due to this fact, about 90% of Drawing now simply blows them off, I know this because I do it too. When I joined this site about a year and a half ago, there was one contest a month if that, and about 20 people joined, which is pretty darn good.

Well, I guess the point I am trying to get across is, Lets host less Contests and start joining ones in progress, not only will this get more people envolved, We don't have to sign on just to see 'CARTOON CONTEST!' Or 'DRAW YOUR FAVORITE ANIME CONTEST' in the forums.

Guys, I'm not saying nor do I have the power to say stop hosting contests, Its just a thought that I and I'm sure alot of older members would agree with. Its gotten to the point where there is never a prize, one or two people join if your lucky, The fun and competitive side of contests really no longer exists here.

Please post your ideas and thoughts about this below, I'm very interested in seeing how many people agree/disagree with me.

I agree totally, But my opinion is there should be a select few members that should be, lets call it contest staff, they will host the contests and judge the drawings, there should be a forum for this, but that is probly not going to happen,But your idea is great, there are to many "spam" contests that only a few people even bother to enter,

I agree... there are too many contests... i guess that thing about contest staff is ok... but the contests must be separate... standard drawers have no chance against kidstaffs...

Quote:
Originally posted by: potter

I agree... there are too many contests... i guess that thing about contest staff is ok... but the contests must be separate... standard drawers have no chance against kidstaffs...

Actually.. Your wrong about that standard drawers < Kidstaff. I've been drawing for well over 6 years, I don't want to gloat or anything, but I think I can draw better than all of the Kid Staff members. There are some amazing people other than myself who just does not want to be a kid staff. I was asked to be one, I turned the offer down tho. Just remember this, because you have a title it does not make you the greatest at what you do.

So we have to find another way to don't let the contest be unfair... cause sometimes they are much unfair... kidstaff are usually the winners... and yeah your drawings are cooler than some kidstaffs' drawings... i already saw some standard drawers drawing better than kidstaff... here are just a few examples that I found in a fast search:

http://www.drawingnow.com/DanaMe

http://www.drawingnow.com/kaminari

http://www.drawingnow.com/rosesinmae

http://www.drawingnow.com/moona (the drawings she did last days aren't that good... but I've already see great art from her)

Quote:
Originally posted by: UnrealPie

Hey guys, as everyone here is aware, Contests seem to be poping up every other day or so. Due to this fact, about 90% of Drawing now simply blows them off, I know this because I do it too. When I joined this site about a year and a half ago, there was one contest a month if that, and about 20 people joined, which is pretty darn good.

Well, I guess the point I am trying to get across is, Lets host less Contests and start joining ones in progress, not only will this get more people envolved, We don't have to sign on just to see 'CARTOON CONTEST!' Or 'DRAW YOUR FAVORITE ANIME CONTEST' in the forums.

Guys, I'm not saying nor do I have the power to say stop hosting contests, Its just a thought that I and I'm sure alot of older members would agree with. Its gotten to the point where there is never a prize, one or two people join if your lucky, The fun and competitive side of contests really no longer exists here.

Please post your ideas and thoughts about this below, I'm very interested in seeing how many people agree/disagree with me.

You are totally right. Perhaps if there were less contests and they all had a longer more extended period of entry more people would enter them. I have only entered in  one or two contests in the past like 2 years because I dont have the time.

Quote:

Quote:

Actually.. Your wrong about that standard drawers < Kidstaff. I've been drawing for well over 6 years, I don't want to gloat or anything, but I think I can draw better than all of the Kid Staff members. There are some amazing people other than myself who just does not want to be a kid staff. I was asked to be one, I turned the offer down tho. Just remember this, because you have a title it does not make you the greatest at what you do.

I've seen ur work and u CAN draw better than most kidstaff. Lol YOU should be staff. LOL

Quote:

So we have to find another way to don't let the contest be unfair... cause sometimes they are much unfair... kidstaff are usually the winners... and yeah your drawings are cooler than some kidstaffs' drawings... i already saw some standard drawers drawing better than kidstaff... here are just a few examples that I found in a fast search:

http://www.drawingnow.com/DanaMe

http://www.drawingnow.com/kaminari

http://www.drawingnow.com/rosesinmae

http://www.drawingnow.com/moona (the drawings she did last days aren't that good... but I've already see great art from her)

Omg they all own me TT_TT Except maybe Moona... But the other 3 completely annihilate me. lol

Quote:
Originally posted by: Kisame_Hoshigaki_09

Quote:

Quote:

I've seen ur work and u CAN draw better than most kidstaff. Lol YOU should be staff. LOL

Thx man... ill draw more tutorials to become a kidstaff... but they need 5 stars so please rate them...

Quote:

There are some people who are like the same standered as a kidstaff. Just because you are one doesn't mean your God or something lol (I'm not a kidstaff because there's no messages saying that "I should be one" hm but I'm not "tooting my own horn" but my tutorials aren't that puke-y XD)

@unrealpie  I agree with superman I mean superdude lol

Quote:
Originally posted by: mimisky

Quote:

There are some people who are like the same standered as a kidstaff. Just because you are one doesn't mean your God or something lol (I'm not a kidstaff because there's no messages saying that "I should be one" hm but I'm not "tooting my own horn" but my tutorials aren't that puke-y XD)

yeah... u could be a kidstaff... just reply this:http://www.drawingnow.com/forum/id_1191-become-a-kid-staff-illustrator.html

Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by: mimisky

Quote:

yeah... u could be a kidstaff... just reply this:http://www.drawingnow.com/forum/id_1191-become-a-kid-staff-illustrator.html

Maybe when I'm 50 years old I will XD but I have to upload more tutorials or something lol.

Back to the topic...maybe like only there would be a contest forum and only selected people do it or something (I'm really bad at ideas).

UnrealPie,

You're right, I'm only new to this site but yes I'm still confused at how many contests are held at no given time with no real meaning. There isn't much competition and nor is there much satisfaction for the winner.

Quote:

Hahahaha, thats not entirely true. Im not a kidstaff and I can draw well anough to enter a contest against them. Kid staff are just people to, we are no less then them. -Oh yeah, I agree, too many contests. Way too many!

Quote:
Originally posted by: NanaNoHumugae

Quote:

Hahahaha, thats not entirely true. Im not a kidstaff and I can draw well anough to enter a contest against them. Kid staff are just people to, we are no less then them. -Oh yeah, I agree, too many contests. Way too many!

Yeah your drawings are great... you must be a kidstaff... being a kidstaff prove that your a great drawer... its not that only kidstaff are great but everyone that is great must be kidstaff... and yeah REALLY TOO MANY CONTESTS!