C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER.

Can we have a topic that's not just "OMG JOIN MAI CONTEST U GAIS" or "ADD ME PL0X CUZ I DO REQUESTS"?  

Anywho, since the Fantasy board people are all dead (/was totally going to bring up Pan's Labyrinth fffff), I've decided to come to you wonderful Animu and Mango people. Let us discuss our favorite anime and/or manga. Please don't just say "WELL I LEIK LUCKY STAR/BLEACH/NARUTO/ONE PIECE COS IT'S AWSOM :3" because I'd actually like some literate and coherent responses, kthanx.

So I'll start off with my favorite anime, which would have to be Kuroshitsuji [Black Butler]-- if you couldn't tell by my icon. I really love the characters and the (first) storyline. (Kuro II was MEH. I disliked it. Claude and Alois aggravated me AND FFF THE ENDING FFFF) Not to mention, the setting drew me in, too. 1800's, in London? Count me in! If only this story were a steampunk. That would make it even better. However, like 99% of anime (unless it's animated by Bones), the animation is god-awful. I hate it. The anime also leaves gaps in the story and completely disregards some of the things in the manga. (But, what are you going to do? That always happens.) AND ALSO, the fandom annoys me. Sebastian/Ciel is icky and will always make me cringe. [Not as bad as the Hetalia/Bleach/Naruto/Twilight fandom though, so I'll happily take this fandom as opposed to those.]

Number Two would be Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro-- the story about a demon who lives by consuming mysteries. Neuro is the best character ever.

Number Three would go to Junjou Romantica, because I'm a sucker for yaoi. True Story, Bro. Blame Hetalia.

GO, GO, GO.

I love anime, but I barely watch/read them, because I don't like doing that on computer. My favorite animes are Naruto (the one I barely watch the most), Sonic X, and Rozen Maiden (my least favorite). Sonic X should probably be my number 1 anime forever cuz I love playing Sonic games (Sonic Adventure 2: Battle's the best) and stuff. I first watched it when I was probably 7 and I found it from 4Kids TV. For Naruto, I heard it from my teenage brother and I first watched it when I was 9, and I mostly watch it in his room (I pretend that we're sharing the room). And Rozen Maiden, I heard of it from a while ago on the internet and one of the animes I completed, it only has like 24 episodes and I completed it like back in August or September. I mostly like watching action/adventure anime. On the internet I've recently watched CLANNAD, and I'm on episode 9-10 but I don't feel like watching it anymore because it got boring, but I liked it. ^^

Watching anime/reading manga online I do at a minimum. I prefer reading manga snuggled under a blanket. I don't really like full-on romances or things with thick romance much anymore. I like minimal romance, and nothing gushy.

Anyway here goes my faves:

• One Piece-- I started out reading the manga, then watched the anime from where I left off, and now I've converted back to the manga. When I started I loved the humour,then it seemed kind of immature after a while, but somehow it doesn't fail to make me laugh. The fights are pretty epic as well and it has some good morals and a good range of <male> characters, not just pretty boys with the same faces with different hairstyles slapped on (though most of the girls are like that).
  • Ludwig Kakumei-- It's a rather short series, but I prefer short usually. I love dark, twisted fairytales, though the ones in this manga wane out of the darkness each story.
  • Skip Beat-- I watched the anime series, but haven't picked up much on the manga.
  • Petshop of Horrors-- I love animals. Though my views of some of them have changed a bit. I no longer trust bunnies. 
  • Death Note-- I haven't finished it yet, but I'm loving it so far.

There's also Kaleido Star, Princess Tutu, Sugar Sugar Rune, Naruto, Bleach and Rozen Maiden. (danng I type a lot)

So I was not the only one who was thinking about breaking the 'CONTEST' Chain xD

I'm going to be cosplaying as Grell from Kuroshitsuji next year at youmacon tho its not my favorite anime, not by a long shot.

My favorite anime hands down is Clannad.

Heres a list of some of my favorites. (Not in any order)

• Clannad
  • Code Geass
  • Claymore
  • K-ON! and K-ON!!
  • So-ra-no-wo-to
  • Air
  • Kannon 2006
  • Neon Genesis evangelion
  • Ranma 1/2
  • s-CRY-ed
  • Eureka Seven
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Azumanga Daio
  • Strike Witches
  • High School of The Dead
  • Mai-HIME
  • Mai-OTOME
  • Angel Beats
  • ef - A Tale of Memories
  • ef - A Tale of Melodies
  • H20: Footprints in the sand
  • Toradora!
  • Love Hina
  • Ghost in the Shell
So yea.. thats not even half the anime I watched and liked. If you guys would like to know more let me know :D

Clannad is my favorite because not only is it funny, there is alot of charicter development, you fall in love with every character in the anime. The first season is a little bit more out there, with no real point, Its basicly the introduction to a really strong relationship between a Delinquent who skips school, goes home late, and does what ever he wants and a calm, shy, frail, and interesting girl. I would recommended it to anyone.

The anime is not a Harem tho it would feel like one, seeing how there is one guy, and about 5 girls who gets there own screen time with Tomoya.

For I am too lazy to quote.

WeLoveAnime ~ Sonic X. Yeah, I watched a few episodes of that. My bro owns a couple of them and I just... no. I can't stand it. Haha. I only ever wanted to watch Rozen Maiden because of the DESU meme. And I agree with you about the anime comment. My computer is such a dinosaur that all of the videos lag like a boss.

JessiCrystalGurl- I also agree with you, especially when it comes to reading manga online. I prefer the book in my hands. I'm not a big romance person myself, so I really don't know why I liked JR so much. Guess I heard too many recommendations. Anywho, Death Note is a good one. I stopped on Book 9, for some reason. (I think because I know how it ends.) I've heard of Ludwig Kakumei, and I do love dark and twisted fairytales, so I'll definitely have to check it out!

UnrealPie- Whoa. Your list of anime... I've only ever heard of like, 5 of them, and I've never seen any of them. XD I don't watch anime too often, because of my laggy computer. xD

On another note, a manga-only [originally a game] series that I'm also in love with is Alice in the Country of Hearts. Guess that contradicts my romance statement up there, hdkaslasdkf.

I see, I see. I only know a handful of yours, as well.

Though I have a feeling all are strangely popular and I am just living under a rock.

Quote:
Originally posted by: Hysterical-Secrecy

I see, I see. I only know a handful of yours, as well.

Though I have a feeling all are strangely popular and I am just living under a rock.

Hah! I agree with you, tho I know every one of them. I acutally dislike overated and really freaking popular animes IE: Bleach, Naruto, One piece.

As for manga, I don't do much reading. The only manga I am keeping up on is Claymore. The manga is like 100 times better than the anime :D

Most of the time I do as well, because they could've easily ended the plot within [x] amount of episodes rather than going to Episode 293872972297.

I like both manga and anime, I don't read/watch much cause it's not easy to find them here and I don't like to read/watch on the internet... my favorite mangas are: Naruto(not because it's popular, I really enjoy the story), Vampire Knight, Evangelion, Blade of the Immortal. And my favorite animes are: Elfen Lied, Vampire Knight, Evangelion, Persona: Trinity Soul(I like all Shin Megami Tensei series, both the games and anime)... I like animes and mangas that you "enter" the story, those that you don't stop reading/watching until the end...

Quote:
Originally posted by: potter

I like both manga and anime, I don't read/watch much cause it's not easy to find them here and I don't like to read/watch on the internet... my favorite mangas are: Naruto(not because it's popular, I really enjoy the story), Vampire Knight, Evangelion, Blade of the Immortal. And my favorite animes are: Elfen Lied, Vampire Knight, Evangelion, Persona: Trinity Soul(I like all Shin Megami Tensei series, both the games and anime)... I like animes and mangas that you "enter" the story, those that you don't stop reading/watching until the end...

Askjas, I really need to watch Elfen Lied. xD So violent, so gory. But yes! Stories that suck you in and make you think about them for 2 weeks after reading/watching them are the best.

Quote:
Originally posted by: Hysterical-Secrecy

Quote:
Originally posted by: potter

Askjas, I really need to watch Elfen Lied. xD So violent, so gory. But yes! Stories that suck you in and make you think about them for 2 weeks after reading/watching them are the best.

I don't really think Elfen Lied violent... I like it for it's "problems"... I mean characters' problems... like when Kouta says that won't forgive Lucy but that he loves her or when Nana sees her "Papa" die because of his other daughter. That's cooler than violence in my opinion(I'm not any emo that only think about emotions but Elfen Lied is an exeption... I mean... the only anime wich I prefer the "emotional" parts than the violent ones)...