I've been in a couple of situations where that has happened. I just hate people who make fun of me or other people just because you enjoy Manga or Anime.

I mean, people are entitled to their opinion about these things, but it ticks me off when snobs make FUN of anime . I remember at one of my previous schools that if your caught with a manga in your hand or if you mention any anime, you're instantly made fun of. Once during school, i was drawing an anime girl, and this girl walks up to me and goes: "Oh my gosh, you're drawing POKEMON style with the big, weird eyes!"

I don't think bad of pokemon, but drawing anime doesn't mean your drawing is a pokemon drawing. Some people are just immature. This kid at my old school was reading a manga, and these guys next to him are like: "Oh wow, he still reads COMICS!"

It just depends on the school, I guess. I now go to a school where people don't make fun of anime. In art class, my teacher has how-to-draw-anime books everywhere. They have manga in the library,too, and I'm thankful for that. 

I contacted my cousin from my old district and tried to introduce him to some animes and mangas, and he said: "No thanks, I don't want to be made fun of at school reading those backwards comics or watching those lame cartoons." This is coming from a guy who has both POKEMON and YU-GI-OH cards, always buys pokemon games, has been watching all kinds of anime with me ever since we were little(back then we didn't know it was anime) , and every so often updates my on "The latest Naruto Episodes." Wow. So i guess people are just immature for openly making fun of this stuff. There are way more people who don't like anime than like, but I'm just trying to say that people shouldn't be so childish when expressing their opinions.

Sorry about this forum being so long But thanks for reading!

Maybe they're racist?? (okay not funny).

I dunno. I've had some of my friends (or at least people I know..) comment that they're not fans of 'that anime stuff'. But whatever. I guess they just don't understand it, or are more in touch with reality than fantasy worlds, and make fun of people who still haven't seemed to grow up enough meet eye to eye with them. But there's isn't too much of the bullying-people-because-they-love-anime at my school (prolly cause I hang out with nerds and I'm in nerdy classes xD).

Well, at lot of it has to do with culture shock and preconcieved notions. Many people think of the weird stuff when they think about what an anime is. I know many people who don't even understand that anime is not an art style unless it moves. Otherwise it's a manga. They also cannot sepperate a manga from a comic book enough to understand that they are novels with pictures instead of just picture books about super heroes. So the average person might just think comic and believe anyone who likes manga or anime is a nerd.

For the culture shock side, there is a lot of manga out there that is so extrordinarily weird that it sticks out and sasdly becomes a representation. There is also the fans. Some fans have action figures and postors and dress up like the characters and that can really weird people out. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. If that's your thing, go for it. But it can be quite hard to seperate casual fans from fanatics who think they speak Japanese, want to be the characters, and collect a lot of stuff traditionaly known as 'nerd stuff.'

The key is just to enjoy what you enjoy and if people don't care for it then they can go enjoy whatever it is they enjoy.

Accept everyone for their race, beliefs, gender, and age. If you have time to judge others, you're not looking closely enough at yourself.

yup yup!! i know what thats like...(but in my middle school it wasn't THAT bad) i used to get picked on but when they saw my drawing skills they were burned! course they never stoped but i'm mature enough to ignore them... and on my trip to tokyo i saw an old man reading comics on the bullettrain!!! I WAS LIKE OMG!!!!and wats more shocking is that no one laughed or anything! amazing, right? guess its diffrent from 1 place to another...

and keep reading manga my friend! do wat U want and don't let other people bother u Smile

well, the main reason i was teased and bullied in my old school for 2 years was because i drew in the anime style. They called me "Chibi girl" and they thought i drew them nude. They mostle make fun of it becuase of how weird they are (how big they eyes are drawn at times, or the way people draw them) but really, is it their business what we draw? No. It's not. Don't stress about it. Its their problem, not yours.

People make fun of me by the way,"Drawing".I'm just 12 yr old boy.I am good at drawing but some of my classmates wnat me to draw "hentai" which is a bad thing but i don't draw that any way.Some of my girl classmates wants me to draw "Emo" sure its easy but I'm not good at coloring the face,hair,etc. But whatever it is I can draw them all except for "hentai"..SO PLS DONT VISIT THIS SITE! (Japanimoo.com) that site is full of p**n. So that's my friends way to fun of manga and anime (TNX PLS LIKE OR REPLY)

Aww that's not right!>Unhappy Well people are mean sometimes but sometimes they're people like you right? ^-^ Anyways like me and my friends have an anime and mange club at our school! so don't worry about those people who makes fun of you or something! It's who you are right ^-^

i know!

its horrible only thickoes who think their cool think that but don't stand for just pretend the a bunch of thick bums dont let them make fun of u continue ur passion for art and manga

People say those kinds of things because they don't know what anime is. One of my friends has NO clue what anime is. The only anime she knows is Pokemon and i don't know why she still wanted to go to an anime convention with me-_- it ticks me off though because where I live people consider anime for nerds,emos, and geeks. Idk where people got that from but I think anyone can like anime if they are intrested. I told one of my friends I watch anime and she was ok with it but she didn't really seem to care. She overheard two other girls talking about anime so she started asking me questions about it and now shes an anime fanatic just like me ^u^