Hi, I have absolutely no apptitude for drawing. (My avatar is by me. See what I mean? Smile )

I want to learn to draw. I know I will never amount to much, but are cartoons the best place for me to start? They seem to be to me, or am I fooling myself.

I don't particularly want to replicated known characters. I just want to draw in a cartoon style.

I'd like to start off by doing faces then whole bodies.

It seems that you can create wonders with just a few stokes of a pencil.

Is this the best place for me to start?

Thanks..

Well if you think it's the best thing for you then go for it! ^_^

I'm sure you can amount to something. There are lots of tutorials on this site madde by the staff illustrators that I know will help alot! ^_^

TO get good at drawing all you need is practice. Everyone has to start somewhere right?

Good luck!!

Quote:
Originally posted by: Hikaru_desu

Quote:
Originally posted by: LadyByakugan96

I'm sure you can amount to something. There are lots of tutorials on this site madde by the staff illustrators that I know will help alot! ^_^

TO get good at drawing all you need is practice. Everyone has to start somewhere right?

Good luck!!

i agree

I agree, too. XD

Start off drawing stick figures, then once you feel comfortable with that start adding bodies and bulkier legs, after you get that down pretty good convert the stick figure (circle) head to more of an oval shape, start drawing expressions, drawing ears, and drawing the nose. This is about a step before anime, start studying different anime such as inuyasha, naruto, or whatever. Look how male and female anime bodies differ, the male body is pretty much a square, a female body is more curved in, like a soft S with the end cut off. This is so important, DO NOT MISREAD THIS... Start copying other peoples artwork, use this ONLY to LEARN, taking credit for other people's artwork is pathetic, and shows no creativity whatsoever. After you feel good you have the anime body down, start drawing your own anime, it doesn't matter how bad it looks your learning. If you get to this point you've made it far. I could continue, but I'm only at this level, so my information may be misguided. I hope I helped.

~SB

I know every one basicly said whats best, but heres what helped me.

Go to a anime or manga you like, or cartoon, pause the video and try to draw what you see. Thats what helped me. If you dont like what you drew, DONT GIVE UP! If you do, you wont get anywhere. Keep on drawing stuff you see, and sooner or later, you got what i got. People said draw stick people, in my eyes thats compleatly useless. Drawing stick people will not help you get better.

I hope im of anyhelp. If you got questions feel free to msg me. Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by: UnrealPie

Go to a anime or manga you like, or cartoon, pause the video and try to draw what you see. Thats what helped me. If you dont like what you drew, DONT GIVE UP! If you do, you wont get anywhere. Keep on drawing stuff you see, and sooner or later, you got what i got. People said draw stick people, in my eyes thats compleatly useless. Drawing stick people will not help you get better.

Thanks.

I am practicing my drawring with a graphics tablet and Sketchbook. I'd like to be able to draw digitally, but I wonder if this is making things harder. Proper artists seem to love Sketchbook.

I suppose I should try practicing with a pencil too. At least that way I can practice anywhere at anytime.

Thanks everyone for your support Smile

I agree w/ everyone but what ever helps you in becoming a better artist just stick to and i wish you the best of luck     o_O

Quote:
Originally posted by: Earth_Child

Quote:

Thanks.

I am practicing my drawring with a graphics tablet and Sketchbook. I'd like to be able to draw digitally, but I wonder if this is making things harder. Proper artists seem to love Sketchbook.

I suppose I should try practicing with a pencil too. At least that way I can practice anywhere at anytime.

I find it easyer to draw with the graphincs drawing tablet than with a sketchpad. but thats just me. what ever you feel more convertible with.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks.

I find it easyer to draw with the graphincs drawing tablet than with a sketchpad. but thats just me. what ever you feel more convertible with.

In my opinion, draw with paper first before using a tablet. Do you agree?

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks.

No problem. ^_^ Good luck! ^^

I dont think so...

to bad theres no legend of kay on drawing now.

I think cartoons are a great way to start. Whe n I was littel, my mum would draw a picture for me and my brother everyday.....usually they were of superheroes or disney characters.....and one time they were of the characters from Gilligans Island!  Anyway, they were fairly simple drawings done in texta, but we loved them and I said to mum that I wished I could draw as well as her and she said that if i practiced, one day I would be able to draw much better than her....so I did....and I did it by drawing Disney characters over and over and over again. Don't be disappointed in the drawings that may not worl out as well as you'd hoped...keep them all and years from now you will be able to look back and smile at the progress you have made.   Also, dont be afraid of tackling something that you think might be 'too hard' or 'difficult'....that is the best way to improve.   Good luck Smile 

Quote:
Originally posted by: WeLoveAnime98

Quote:
Originally posted by: Hikaru_desu

Quote:
Originally posted by: LadyByakugan96

Good luck!!

i agree

I agree, too. XD

i also agree